Auto Accidents/Car Accidents

If you are involved in an auto accident/car accident, we understand that it is a stressful situation.  If you are a driver, passenger, pedestrian or bicyclist hit by an auto/car, you have specific legal rights.  If you have been injured, you are not alone. If a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in an auto accident, you need a competent lawyer to assist you. At Bogin, Munns, & Munns, P.A. our personal injury and accident attorneys can help you take the necessary steps to ensure that your property damage claims and personal injury claims are handled in a timely manner.

If you are ever in an auto accident/car accident in Orlando, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Clermont, Deltona, Daytona, Melbourne, Ocala, Gainesville or the Villages, be sure to take these precautions.

  • take pictures & photographs of the damage to the vehicles
  • do not sign any documents without having an attorney review the documents first
  • do not discuss any matters concerning your injuries with the at-fault insurance company

At Bogin, Munns, & Munns, P.A. we are dedicated to helping auto accident (whether it be car, truck, pedestrian or motorcycle) victims recover the fair compensation they are entitled to under the law.  With ten Central Florida Offices, including offices in Ocala, Gainesville, Daytona, Melbourne and the Villages, we are conveniently located to assist you.  For more information on our legal representation, contact us today 407-578-9696 or toll free at 1-855-Munns Law.

Please click below to visit our Auto Accident/Car Accident Information Center



Auto accidents can happen to anyone.  If you have questions about your legal rights, consult with an actual attorney and not a 1-800 number or other referral service.  Likewise, if you are injured, seek medical advice from a legitimate and reputable doctor and not a 1-800 number or other referral service.  An auto accident can have far reaching effects on your life and getting good advice (legal and medical) is critical.


Florida Law states that the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident with injury must stop at the scene.  Call for an ambulance if there are injuries.  Safely pull over and assist others with injury until authorities and the ambulance arrive.  Remain at or near your vehicle.


Call the police and report the accident.  If you are able, have your insurance card, driver’s license and registration ready for review when authorities arrive.


Take reasonable precautions at the scene of the accident to avoid additional collisions.

Do not allow your car to obstruct traffic if it can be moved.  Warn approaching cars by raising your hood or using your car’s hazard lights.  For nighttime collisions, place flares or reflectors on the road.  If you are able, take many pictures of the scene including all vehicles involved.


Call the police, particularly if someone has been injured.  Ask the officer how you can get a copy of the report.  If you receive a ticket, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re guilty of a traffic offense or that you are also responsible for the collision.  You may hurt your claim for damages against the other party if you plead guilty to a traffic offense.  Consult with an attorney and your insurance agent before pleading guilty to any traffic offense.


You should exchange information with the other driver(s).  You should get the other driver’s name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, vehicle tag number, and insurance company name and policy number.  If there are any passengers or witnesses, get their names, addresses and phone numbers.  If the driver isn’t the owner of the vehicle, get the name, address, and phone number and insurance information of the owner.

Make notes about the time of day, weather conditions, road conditions, street lights and length of skid marks.  Make a diagram of the accident noting the location of the vehicles and any traffic control devices.

When you exchange information with the other driver and give facts to the police, don’t admit responsibility.  What you say might be used against you later.  You may think you are responsible but other facts might be later discovered that show the other driver (or someone else) has responsibility for the accident.


Call you insurance company to report the accident as soon as possible.  If you intend to make a claim and you fail to timely notify your insurance company, your insurance company may deny coverage based on your failure to promptly give notice.  Be prepared to give your insurance company all the information you collected in your exchange with the other individuals involved in the accident.

Your insurance company will advise you regarding your available coverage.  If you were at fault for the accident, your insurance company will advise you on whether your coverage will pay or defend the claims against you.


If you are not at fault for the accident, the other party’s insurance is responsible for paying your reasonable property damage claim for repairs or total loss, towing, storage and rental car or loss of use reimbursement.  In the event that the other party is disputing liability or there isn’t a policy of insurance in effect for the other party, and you have collision coverage under your personal policy, your own insurance can handle the property damage claim (pursuant to the provisions of your policy and what coverage you purchased).


Florida has adopted a “no-fault” insurance law.  This means that regardless of fault, the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your insurance policy pays a percentage of your medical bills, lost wages and other minimal out of pocket expenses up to $10,000 or more depending on your policy.  PIP doesn’t cover all your expenses or damages.


The at-fault party’s insurance can cover additional bodily injury damages and monetary damages not paid by your own insurance if the at-fault party has bodily injury liability (BI) coverage.

There is no requirement in Florida that drivers carry BI coverage to pay for the injuries, damages and pain and suffering they cause.  Consequently, you should carry un-insured or under-insured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage on your own policy to protect you and your family.


In the event that you are injured in an accident that isn’t your fault, you should consult with a qualified attorney as soon as possible.  You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and economic losses.  Injuries can have life-altering consequences on your health, your quality of life and your finances.  If you have specific questions or concerns, please contact us and your insurance company to be advised more fully on these matters.

(If you are ever in an auto accident/car accident in Orlando, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Clermont, Deltona, Daytona, Melbourne, Ocala, Gainesville or the Villages, or anywhere else in Central Florida, please contact us to learn more about your legal rights.)

Call Toll Free: 1-855-Munns Law